Thursday, August 27, 2009

Drum Machines and Midi Guitar?

Jp 4/12/2006 12:33 AM
Hey Don, What gear do you use for recording "drums and harmonic parts" on the practice trax and CD audio examples in your books? Drum machine? Keyboard? or other.... via midi guit??? Also, any news about the trio project with Jay Roberts? any CD's available? thanks, Jamie

Don Mock 4/13/2006 1:50 AM
Thanks for the questions Jamie. Jay and I have got ourselves pretty busy at our new school to get our recording done. We'll come up with something by the end of the year. (We have been playing as a guitar duo for a few years) The trio I'm involved with is also working on a CD but we got sidetracked recording a ton of play-along tracks for a new product out in a few months. More on that later. Yep, I recorded most of the tracks on those book CD's with a midi guitar (basic Roland system) into my computer using Vision software for the sequencing. I play all the drum, bass and keyboard parts from the guitar usually live and then quantize and edit all the errors. Lots of the tracks end up pretty good but the jazz swing stuff is hard to duplicate in the midi world, especially the drums. But stand by for our new play-along tracks which are REAL human players. I don't know if I ever can go back to midi drums and bass again.Thanks, -Don Mock

No comments:

Post a Comment